I have read the federal laws

I have read the federal laws. It states that if neither parent or the children live in the state in which the order was issued, at the time of modification it must be filed in the state of the petitioning party. or something to that effect.

Now the court in Calif. in my case modified the order, while neither of us or the children have lived in Calif for more than 6 years. How does one go about getting this order repealed or the motion heard in the correct place??